Do not use your browser's 'Back' and 'Forward' buttons on this page.
Please use the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page.
The MU represents musicians, composers, peripatetic music teachers and DJ's who work and live in the United Kingdom. You may join as long as you are in one of these professions and you are living in the UK.
If you are a Student, Non-UK Resident or wish to pay by Direct Debit, please read the relevant information below before continuing:
Click on a section below to expand it.
Click here to read how we treat your information
Please read the relevant information below before continuing:
If applying for the Concessionary Student membership rate, you will need to supply proof of your full time student status during the online joining process.
We only accept the following as your proof of being a FULL TIME student:
- A letter from your place of education dated within 2 months which must state that your course is FULL TIME
And contain the following:
- Your name
- The full name of your place of education
- An unexpired date (The date must show that you are currently a student and not due to start in the future)
- The letter of evidence must be in English or an English version
No other proof is acceptable and any other submitted will be rejected. Student cards and enrolment letters are not acceptable and you must have STARTED your course!
Please have a scan of the relevant proof as stated below in one of these formats:
- .jpg or .jpeg
If you do not have access to a scanned document as stated below then please click here to download an application form for your region, you will need to print, complete and send to the relevant region with your full time proof enclosed.
Please be aware that all proofs are checked and any rejected will result in cancellation of your membership and any payment refunded *.
* note that any refund can take up to 5 days to appear on your account.